How to Videos – Canon Mac Print Defaults
Summary: This video is going to review the print defaults and color defaults for a canon print cue.
- Printer or print queue installed in the Mac
- Current web browser installed (Chrome/Safari/Firefox)
- Mac user must be an admin
- Must have CUPS enabled or be able to access CUPS and enable it
- To access cups open a web browser enter localhost:631 & select enter
- If that does not load or if there is an error a quick Google search will tell you how to enable cups on a Mac
How To: Set Up Canon Print Defaults – Mac
- Go to printers
- Go to the Canon color 5051
- Select set default options
- Go to the general tab
- Scroll down to Color Mode it’s automatically set to color by default.
- Set Color Mode to black and white.
- There are options for output available (print style: two-sided, one sided, booklet)
- Set a Print Style
- Scroll down and click set default options
- Enter the Mac admin user name that’s logged in.
- One sided is now the default and black and white is now the default