At the Ray Morgan Company, we believe that we are responsible to the communities and the environment in which we live and work. We partner with companies that share a Green Earth vision, such as our primary partner Canon’s philosophy of Kyosei—living and working together for the common good.
As our customer, you’ll enjoy our complimentary Zero Landfill Cartridge Recycling services so you can save money and the environment with our exclusive greener print strategies.
As part of our philosophy, we have implemented long-term and eco-friendly initiatives and practices throughout the company and in our daily operations. Environmentally friendly actions don’t have to be large to have an impact. Consistently reducing the amount of energy, water, and paper our businesses use on a daily basis can reduce avoidable waste and expense.
Did you know?
- 100 lbs is the amount of waste a typical laser printer creates in one year
- 70% is the percentage of used cartridges that go directly into trash cans and are not recycled
- 1,000 years is the amount of time it takes for a print cartridge to decompose in a landfill site
Our Complimentary Zero Landfill Cartridge Recycling Program
Rather than burn, export or dispose of unwanted end of life components into landfill sites, the Zero Landfill methodology leverages exclusive technology and world class engineers to extend and intensify the typical recycling process. This ensures 100% of all cartridge components are properly extracted to be reused and avoid landfill.
If you’re unsure of the true environmental impact of your current cartridge recycling process, let us introduce you to our exclusive Zero Landfill program – contact us today!
Manufacturer/Vendor Sustainability Links
Here’s what we’ve accomplished in our own office!
- Exclusively Powered by Solar: As of February 1, 2012, RMC Headquarters in Chico, California has been powered exclusively by solar panels. There are many advantages to going solar, a few of those benefits are: far less burning of fossil fuels, produces clean energy resulting in drastic reductions in air pollution, tons of carbon dioxide emissions reduced, promotes energy independence and reduces the need for more power plants for residential applications.
- Reusable Mugs – Over 16 billion paper cups are used each year in the U.S. We use re-usable mugs for our customers and all employees are encouraged to bring their own coffee mug to work.
- Paper Recycling Program – One ton of recycled paper uses: 64% less energy, 50% less water, 74% less air pollution, and saves 17 trees. We have designated recycling bins for paper used in daily office operation and for paper used in testing our equipment.
- Toner Recycling Program – Over three hundred million ink and toner cartridges are thrown away every year in America alone. Contact your account representative today to find out about toner recycling programs in your area.
- Canon Copier Refurb Program – Discarded electronics still make up around 2% of the municipal solid waste stream, and remain among the fastest growing solid waste streams. At RMC, we have an in-house Canon Copier Refurb team that refurbishes equipment for re-sale. The refurbished equipment not only extends product life and limits its impact on the environment, it also passes on the savings to you by providing you with a lower cost solution for high-quality technology to suit your needs.
- Machine Reuse & Toner Recycle Process –we are committed to providing environmental accountability. From delivery and set-up to machine pick-up, you can be assured that we are making a positive impact to the environment. With the purchase of your new equipment, you will value the features that help save energy, paper, and toner. We’ve established an Equipment Re-use and Toner Recycle Process that places environmental accountability at every stage of the office equipment’s life cycle.
- Canon works closely with the EPA to develop technology that meets the high standards of their ENERGY STAR® program.
- All Canon multifunction devices, laser printers, fax machines and scanners are Energy Star certified.
- Canon is a participating partner of the EPA’s WasteWise and SmartWay Transport programs that help reduce the impact of municipal solid waste and transportation activities.
- Canon was named Energy Star Partner for 2010
- Kyocera Mita printers are Energy Star certified which use less energy and help you save money.
- Kyocera’s ECOSYS © Technology provides customers with a printing solution that incorporates long life consumables and some of the lowest cost per print technology.
Looking for ways to make an impact on your budget AND the environment? Consider making the move to a “Paperless Office.” We offer “paperless” technology solutions that can be customized to fit your needs. Contact us today to see how we can make your office more efficient and sustainable.
- Digitally store, retrieve, manage and secure all your documents with our Document Storage and Management Solutions
- Convert your old paper document archives with our Backfile Conversion and Archiving Solutions by RMC ProIT – our Professional IT Services division
- See how our faxes come to us as an email attachment by using a Fax Server
- Minimize paper in your office environment by going all digital with our Scanning solutions